|FoundationSearch and BigOnLine|
I recently signed a contract with FoundationSearch and BigOnLine to be their exclusive distributor in Israel. FoundationSearch and BigOnLine are the most comprehensive foundation and corporate giving databases in the world, providing the specific information you need to approach the most qualified prospects with compelling reasons why your project fits their vision. FoundationSearch is an efficient and easy to use solution designed to help you find new and leverage existing opportunities for fundraising!
FoundationSearch has only one major competitor globally – the Foundation Center Directory. However, FCD is limited to the U.S. and is far less comprehensive data than FoundationSearch and BigOnLine. FS and BOL are the best fully searchable, online databases of foundations for the serious prospect researcher, containing over 100,000 US, Canadian, and UK foundations and 500 corporations.
And FoundationSearch has far more information that is specifically relevant to Israeli nonprofits than Foundation Center – nearly 3 times more grants to Israeli organizations are listed in the FoundationSearch.com than in the FC. And because the grants in FoundationSearch are limited to those above $4000 it helps you focus on what is worthwhile investing in as opposed to the FC which includes grants between $1000 and $4000 as well which often demand as much work as a request for ten times more!
Some of the key features for FoundationSearch are Comprehensive Data, Advanced Search Capabilities; Sophisticated Analysis and Reports, Foundation Tracking, Director Connections and Ongoing Customer Support (We will be providing customer support services in Hebrew as well). If you would like more information on this please contact David at Dave@israelgrants.com or 02-5636629.
FoundationSearch includes the most up-to-date and relevant information available, enabling you to make better, more informed decisions. Information includes:
• Grants – Review specific granting activity trends and potential future opportunities in detailed charts that include granting year, giving and recipient state, granting category, grant size, and more.
• Foundations – View a wide range of foundation related data, which can illuminate giving trends related to specific sectors, or can reveal organizations as possible new or additional sources of funding. Data includes new foundation status, asset and income ranges, and geographic scope, as well as types of support, such as capital funding, annual campaigns, operating funds, program funds, and more.
• Form 990-PFs – Search the FoundationSearch database of 990-PFs from the past several years, using specific keywords, foundation names, or director names.
• Global Data – Search global data as well: FoundationSearch includes foundations from the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia, and more than 5 million grants worth almost $300 billion in recent giving—making it the most wide-ranging research product available.
Advanced Search Capabilities
FoundationSearch includes additional search capabilities related to 990-PFs, such as fuzzy searching, stemming, and thesaurus functions, making FoundationSearch the most advanced and customizable search and funding research tool available online today. Your searches can also be viewed in multiple formats, depending on what specific results you’re looking for.
• Search results can be presented visually on an interactive map, which gives a quick, at-a-glance overview of granting or foundation activity, allowing users to quickly focus in on the most appropriate regions.
• Searches can also be presented in table or summary format, and easily sorted by different key fields such as foundation name, year, and state.
• Search results can also be saved online, printed, or exported to Excel or PDF.
Sophisticated Analysis and Reports
FoundationSearch provides sophisticated reports based on highly specific search criteria that you define. Some examples include:
• Charts that provide breakdowns of the total value of grants, by category, over time. By viewing such trends, you can better understand how much and how often specific foundations are giving to specific areas, and whether those trends have been changing over the years.
• Charts that provide the number of grants given by an organization to new versus returning recipients. By reviewing data such as this, you can better understand your chances of success with organizations you haven’t applied to in the past.
Other charts and reports are also available, and are customizable to your specific requirements.
Free Customer Support
FoundationSearch delivers step-by-step tutorials and help on how to search, and our professional and responsive support team is always ready to assist, either by email or phone. And all of this support is included in your membership—there are no additional support fees to pay.
Search by a Wide Range of Criteria:
• Foundation Name
• Director Name
• Zip Code
• Asset Range
• Income Range
• Giving Interests
• Types of Support
• New Foundation Status
• National or International Funding